Your personal presence and private connections grant you options unavailable to others. At levels 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20, you may choose one of the following abilities. Each of these abilities may be chosen only once.
- Backup I: You maintain contact with diverse friends who can help out in a pinch. At Level 5, once per session, you may call upon a friend to assist you. This friend's disposition toward you is Supportive. He shows up 1d6 hours after he's summoned and helps with 1 task that may be completed by the end of the current scene. The friend is a Tier I NPC of any type, chosen when you summon him. He possesses a Grade VIII skill of your choice, as well as 1 Caliber I gear pick of your choice. This item leaves with the friend at the end of the current scene.
- Bulletproof Reputation: When you or one of your teammates loses Reputation or Net Worth due to exposure, the amount lost decreases by 1 or $50,000, respectively. You may use this ability a number of times per mission equal to your starting action dice, but only once per loss.
- Favor for a Favor: You may use your connections to elicit assistance from someone within an organization who is otherwise resistant to bribery. When you make a Bureaucracy/Bribe check, you may bribe honorable characters without penalty. The skill check results and costs are determined as standard, except that the bribe money is not paid to the target but rather used to assist him in a way that he finds morally acceptable. You may use this ability a number of times per mission equal to your starting action dice.
- Pull: You may choose Resource gear picks as if the mission's Caliber were 1 higher. If the mission is Caliber V, you may instead gain 1 additional Caliber I Resource gear pick.
- Procure (city): You maintain a number of back channels through which you can quickly acquire gear. These channels may exist within your Faction, Freelance network, another organization, or a street market. During the Intel Phase of each mission, you may hold an additional 2 Reserve gear picks and/or Common Items (even if your Wisdom modifier is +0 or lower). Further, the delivery time for each Reserve gear pick decreases to 1/2 standard (rounded up). Finally, you may make Request checks as if the mission's Caliber were 1 higher (maximum Caliber IV).